At Panshanger Primary School we follow the National Curriculum Programmes of study for Mathematics, and it is our aim to:
- develop a progressive understanding of mathematical concepts, skills and attitudes
- provide a stimulating, broad and balanced mathematical curriculum
- promote enjoyment and enthusiasm for learning through practical activity, exploration and discussion;
- encourage a positive and confident attitude towards the learning of mathematics
- develop the ability to solve problems through decision-making and reasoning in a range of contexts;
- develop a practical understanding of the ways in which information is gathered and presented;
- develop the correct use of mathematical vocabulary and language
- understand the importance of mathematics in everyday life.
For information about what is covered in each year group, please click on the appropriate document.