At Panshanger Primary School we follow the Programme of Study developed by the PSHE Association. (October 2014 – updated 2020-21).
We use a cross curricular approach plus discrete teaching using Jigsaw
Please click on the logo below to look at the Jigsaw website for more information –
As part of a whole school approach, PSHE develops the qualities and attributes pupils need to thrive as individuals, family members and members of society.
PSHE makes a major contribution to schools’ statutory responsibilities to provide a curriculum that is broadly based, balanced and meets the needs of all pupils. Under section 78 of the Education Act 2002 and the Academies Act 2010 such a curriculum must:
– Promote the spiritual, moral, cultural, mental and physical development of pupils in the school
– Prepare pupils for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences in later life.
The PSHE Association’s recommended programme of study covers key stages 1 to 4 and includes a range of themes:
- Health and wellbeing
- Living in the wider world.
For information about what the pupils will be covering in each Key Stage, please click below.
- Jigsaw information (474.99KB)
- LGBTQ within Jigsaw (1.27MB)
- Jigsaw overview (201.27KB)
- PSHE policy (882.10KB)