At Panshanger Primary School we follow the National Curriculum Programmes of study for Mathematics, and it is our aim to:
- develop a progressive understanding of mathematical concepts, skills and attitudes
- provide a stimulating, broad and balanced mathematical curriculum
- promote enjoyment and enthusiasm for learning through practical activity, exploration and discussion
- encourage a positive and confident attitude towards the learning
- solve problems through decision-making and reasoning in a range of contexts
- develop an understanding of the ways in which information is gathered and presented;
- develop mathematical vocabulary and language
- make links to mathematics in everyday life.
For information about what is covered in each year group, please click on the appropriate document.
More information can be found in the class pages and the termly curriculum overviews