Obviously due to Covid restrictions we could not invite parents etc to visit for our usual end of term concerts. Mr Mitchell has worked very hard over the last few weeks with the children to record these tracks.
The music curriculum at Panshanger is delivered by a specialist music teacher.
We follow the National Curriculum Programme of study for Music. It is our aim that our pupils will:
- perform, listen to, review and evaluate music across a range of historical periods, genres, styles and traditions
- learn to sing and to use their voices
- create and compose music on their own and with others
- have the opportunity to learn a musical instrument
- explore how music is created, produced and communicated
In Key Stage 1 pupils will learn to:
- use their voices expressively and creatively by singing songs and speaking chants and rhymes
- play tuned and untuned instruments musically.
- listen with concentration and understanding to a range of high-quality live and recorded music.
- experiment with, create, select and combine sounds using the inter-related dimensions of music.
In Key Stage 2 pupils will learn to:
- sing and play musically with increasing confidence and control.
- play and perform in solo and ensemble contexts, using their voices and playing musical instruments with increasing accuracy, fluency, control and expression
- develop an understanding of musical composition, organising and manipulating ideas within musical structures and reproducing sounds from aural memory.
improvise and compose music for a range of purposes using the inter-related dimensions of music
- listen with attention to detail and recall sounds with increasing aural memory
- use and understand staff and other musical notations
- appreciate and understand a wide
range of high-quality live and recorded music drawn from different traditions and from great composers and musicians
- develop an understanding of the history of music.