At Panshanger, we work in partnership with parents and pupils in order to ensure that every child matters. We aim to:
- create a happy, caring and stimulating learning environment in which children can enjoy, achieve and thrive;
- develop resilience and realise each child’s full potential by promoting healthy lifestyles and by providing a wide range of learning opportunities for academic, social, emotional, moral, spiritual, cultural, and physical development.;
- provide a broad and balanced curriculum appropriate to the children’s needs, and in accordance with the Early Learning Goals and the National Curriculum;
- raise self-esteem and confidence by helping each child to gain a sense of achievement and to take a pride in that achievement;
- develop self-discipline and mutual respect for all members of the school and the wider community and encourage a caring, thoughtful attitude towards others;
- foster a sense of responsibility for the environment and develop skills that the children will need in order to be active citizens and take their place in the wider world.
Our Vision Statement
Our vision is to create a school that is:
- a happy, thriving community where children have high levels of achievement, feel valued and respected and show value and respect for others;
- fully staffed with highly trained and well-motivated teachers and support personnel;
- well resourced across all areas of the curriculum;
- in a good state of repair, providing a positive learning environment for all;
- able to offer children a broad range of experiences both within and outside the curriculum;
- forward looking and well placed to meet the changing demands made of schools.